Everyone’s talking about it. Frankly, it’s a challenge we need to do more than “talk” about. Sustainability and environmental consciousness within our business – it’s not a new concept.
Small business can be challenging, especially when you are manufacturing bespoke products locally. Our commitment to lean processes and waste management have been ingrained in our processes from day one, and underpin our core business values.
It’s important to realise that the decision we make as a business to limit our impact on the environment, is also about strengthening our business into the future and most importantly, protecting our employees.
We’ve taken some tangible measures to ensure that our business strives to maintain and improve our sustainability profile now, and always. Here’s how we are doing it;
- Quality is key – How simple is this? Build it to last, use it for a long time.
Our Premium range is and always has been, manufactured onsite. This banner system makes up 60% of our total production and adheres to strict manufacturing quality guidelines. This means we confidently guarantee these products for the lifetime of your banner package. This keeps the banner stand in use for many years and keeps them out of landfill (Check out our Great Wall packages to understand the detail and planning that goes into each customised package)
- Keeping it local – We tirelessly work to source our components as close to home as possible. This is good for our business and good for other businesses in our area.
- Know the tools – We house printers that use the latest technologies and allow “direct transfer” of inks to fabric, meaning production runs very efficiently and eliminates the need for transfer paper wastage.
- Getting inked – We only use eco accredited inks, made using non solvent-based dyes. This means we’re not printing with harmful chemicals and exposing our crew to unnecessary toxins, whilst still ensuring our printing is vibrant and full of life.
- Perfect planning (Most of the time) – Each print run is meticulously planned to ensure we keep fabric wastage to a minimum.
- Reduce, Recycle, Reuse – We recycle as much waste product as possible and offer a “return to base” service to our customers, should they wish to return their unwanted banners and stands to us for re-purposing or recycling. Both the stand and the printed banners can be fully recycled and we have established relationships with recycling facilities and local charities to make this happen.
- We have the power – Our entire production facility is 90% powered by solar generated electricity.